Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Yea, I Put Cocoa Powder on My Face!



Cocoa Powder Foundation Review


So, I thought I'd mix it up a bit and start writing some other entries I've been meaning to do. Make up is one of my hobbies, in case you didn't already know. I love watching YouTube videos on reviews and tutorials and I even have some favorite gurus that I follow religiously. I love watching MakeUpByTiffanyD, and she has an awesome review and demo video I'll link for you guys at the end of the article if you want to check it out. She has been such an inspiration because she has such a sweet personality and gives great advice and tips on how to achieve the look you want. When I'm feeling really down, I love to watch some of her videos and they're a nice escape. Now, make up is only a hobby for me and I have A LOT to learn! I know I'll never be on the level of those gurus, but it's fun to just mess around with and it's nice to feel girly sometimes and throw on some make up for a nice night out for a confidence booster! 

I had seen this foundation at my local Sephora and I was looking into getting a new powder foundation and what's cooler than one that smells like chocolate?? Now I have to tell you that I have oily skin, so this is definitely a good choice if you're in the same boat. It's $34 and there are 8 different shades, which all have a matte finish and range from fair to deep tan, so there's a good selection and you'll most likely be able to find one that works for you. I personally use the golden light shade.

What I like
  • Feels lightweight on your face
  • Keeps the shine away
  • Covers most, but not all of my natural redness 
  • Smells amazing
  • I know it won't break me out or make any active breakouts worse 
There are some things written on the Too Faced website that I disagree with. I'll discuss that down below. 

What I don't like
  • The website says the foundation is medium to full coverage and I highly disagree with that. I would say it's light to medium, depending on how you build it up.
  • Also, it claims to cover imperfections. If you're having an active break out, or even some that are healing, this will not cover it very well, but I don't have that much of a problem with that because most people would use concealer anyways.
  • It's a very loose powder, with a lot of fallout! If not careful, you can waste a lot. 
Overall, I do really like this foundation and my face doesn't have that gross caked on make up feel at the end of the day, which is a really good feeling because I know after I've used my make up removing wipes and wash my face, it's all gone! I love the black plastic packaging with the gold ring on the inside and the mirror. It's compact, but feels sturdy. I would not use the little puff it comes with, unless you're on the go and don't have another brush with you. I just don't feel like it gives you the best application. And for those of you who are concerned about the fact that it smells like chocolate, it's not an overwhelming scent, just slightly sweet and it goes away almost immediately. I would recommend this foundation, so if any of you guys give it a try, lemme know what you think and if you agree with the review!  Here is Tiffany's review video. Thanks for reading! 

-Amelia 

No comments:

Post a Comment