Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Let's take it from the top!

I suppose I should introduce myself, as that only seems natural for a first post. But what to say? To bore you tedious details of my life? No, that doesn't seem fitting, at least not yet, seeing as how we only just met a sentence ago. A name seems like a good place to start though. I'm Amelia and I'm twenty six years old. I like to write, read, play video games, play around with make up, and take long walks on the... wait, never mind, scratch that. That's what everyone says right? Or, you're supposed to say that. I think I got confused for a second. I'm writing a blog and not filling out an online dating profile. Right, got it! There'll be a better time to learn more in the future, but I think that was a decent start for us to get acquainted.

I love how writing can be so therapeutic and so different for everyone. How everyone has a different style and different preferences, but even through those differences, writing can bring people together. It's a way to vent, to commiserate, to express things that can only expressed through the glorious expulsion of your innermost ideas and feelings. I've written my entire life and I can remember sitting on an airplane around the age of six and writing my own little story (as much as a six year old can write), and proudly explaining it to the woman I sat next to. My mother apologized to the lady and told me not to bother her, but the woman didn't seem to mind. "Oh, she's fine," the woman told my mother. "She's very creative."

I'm thankful that creativity has stuck with me ever since. I've even started a few novels. Yes, I know, that sounds terribly cliché, but alas, it's true. My stories are all my own and I've kept them that way, but I've decided to break out of my comfort zone a little bit and let my thoughts all hang out there. When you struggle with anxiety, you have to find ways to cope, and I thought a blog would be a nice healthy way to try and deal with my feelings. I must confess though, I'm an avid YouTube watcher and I follow grav3yardgirl religiously. If you haven't seen her channel, I would highly recommend giving it a try! I always admire how she feels free to be herself and speak openly about her struggles with depression and anxiety and never shies away from flaunting her sassy and quirky personality on camera. I figured if Bunny could do it, then why can't I? And why support this negative stigma our country has with discussing mental health issues?

So I guess that's why I'm here. To give this whole blogging your feelings to the internet world a shot! I really don't know if it's going to help, if it's going to stick, or really, what's going to happen. But I do know one thing, and that is that sometimes a writer just has to write!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! :)
    I'd love it if you could check out my blog and maybe give me some feedback. http://jasminevans981.blogspot.com.au
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete